keskiviikko 9. helmikuuta 2011

Other games - Minecraft



Minecraft, anybody? It is an indie game made by a Swedish guy. The idea in the game is to collect blocks, craft tools from blocks and then collect more blocks. When you have alot of blocks you can build a small house, a huge castle, a floating island... just name it. Why I am telling you about this game? I bought it and I've been playing it alot recently. I haven't even done my daily HCs. That addicting Minecraft is!

So what we have build so far? What have I done with all the possibilities the game and it's addons have? Well, for first, I had to learn to build a safehouse. During night-cycle there spawn different types of mobs, all hostile and dangerous, which I would like to keep away from me and my buildings. Safehouse is the best option if asked from me. The most basic safehouse is a hole on the ground with it's opening covered so that nobody can get in or out. However, that is the most boring solution as well. I've turned my safehouses to bases with several buildings connected to each other, a single huge building with enough space and light to farm wheat, meat, cactii, reeds and wool, deep enough to mine iron, coal, diamonds and gold, tall enough to watch over major disances and safe enough for me to not get killed by my own creation.


The pictures here represent the massive building I and three of my friends have been building past several days. Before we could establish this huge box made of cobblestone, we had to erase an entire mountain. We began the operation by building walls around the mountain we aimed to turn to flat land. Our next step was to mine the entire mountain hollow. It took us 3 days of mining. We had diamond made pickaxes (and shovels!) at the beginning, but after they broke we continued by using tools made of stone, as they are easy to make and we had tens of thousands of cobblestone stored in dozens of chests.


After the mountain was hallowed out, we built walls higher than the top of the mountain. The roof is made of glass, so that light of the Sun shines during day and keeps zombies and skeletons at bay, which would otherwise overrun the box, as there is no efficient way to lit the whole building with torches or lava. As you can see from the pictures, the walls are plain and boring. We have farmed wool and cactii for past days, and our next goal is to cover the building with dark green dyed wool from the outside. Inside we are building a complex set of staircases and ladders and later cover the walls with dyed wool.

2 kommenttia: